Want to understand the Loft Law but find reading legalese confusing? Bureaucratic process too tedious to comprehend? Be an educated tenant, be empowered!
Come to a Loft Law Reading Group!
NYCLT Volunteers and Loft Tenants will read a rule and discuss its meaning. No law school training required.
Check below for rule readings and locations:
- *New Rule* 2-01 (Code Compliance) – Sunday, April 7th: 1pm – 3pm – location tbd
This Thursday, the Loft Board is releasing Rule 2-01, which covers the code compliance process and narrative statement process. If you’ve been wondering precisely:
- how your landlord is supposed to serve you plans
- what the narrative statement waiver really means
- when the compliance deadlines fall
- what your rights are in a vacate
- which permits the landlord can extend from before the loft law and which ones need to go through the narrative statement process
- and how a building finally leaves the Loft Board’s jurisdiction
… those are all in this rule, along with much more.
As we read the rule, we will also identify issues to testify on in the May hearing.