Hearings are coming up in the next few weeks. The NYC Loft Board is giving us the chance to tell them what we think about the FINAL RULES of the Loft Law. We need you to tell your TRUE STORIES about your loft experience to help the Loft Board decide:
- Which of your roommates, subtenants, prime tenants, and neighbors gets loft law protection and what rent they pay
- How and when your landlord can ask for a rent increase
- Whether your landlord should get an increase if you haven’t had one in a couple years
- What to do when your landlord stuck a band or a noisy business in the unit next door to make you move out.
- Whether your landlord can to take you to court (or collections) over illegal increases and illegitimate leases
Learn how to testify to make the Loft Law protect you like it’s supposed to. Come to the
New Rules Teach-In
7pm Monday July 9
Crown Vic (in the garden)
60 S. 2nd St. Williamsburg
APRIL 24 — SAVE THE DATE — State of the Loft Law — with Assemblyman Vito Lopez, Councilman Steve Levin, ++
WE NEED EVERYONE! yes, everyone,
to come to the
STATE OF THE LOFT LAW
event on April 24 at Our Lady of Pompeii in Bushwick.
Assemblyman Vito Lopez – The sponsor of the “Loft Law Clean Up Bill” is holding this event to gauge the need and support in the community for making the loft law more tenant friendly.
Hundreds of people need to show our elected officials that there is grass roots support to improve the loft law, keep neighborhoods intact, + keep housing safe and affordable. If you are a loft tenant it is imperative that you show up on April 24th. Bring your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers.
If you are not a loft tenant, but you care about your community, the fabric of your neighborhood, the problem of sky-rocketing rents, the displacement of your neighbors, then please show up to show your support.
PANEL DISCUSSION ON THE STATE OF THE LOFT LAW
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:00 PM
Our Lady of Pompeii – Community Room
225 Seigel Street (between Bushwick Ave + White St.)
——–> Take the L train to the Morgan Ave stop <———–
NYCLT on Facebook
NYCLT google group